[cvsnt] FW: CVSNT / CVSMailer Consolidation Question

Kai Bernhard kb at brueckmann-gmbh.de
Tue May 13 16:53:02 BST 2003

Iwan wrote:

>>This is was my assumption of the functionality is:
>>
>>[You setup CVSMailer such that it delays for an x amount of seconds, say
>>600 (10 minutes). Now every commit that is performed in these 10 minutes
>>is consolidated into one email send out, this to prevent the subscribers
>>of being flooded by emails.]
>>
>>Now either I am wrong, or I've done something wrong in setting up
>>CVSMailer, since I get an email for every commit I've performed instead of
>>a consolidated email for all commits performed within that timeframe.

AFAIK, CVSMailer will only consolidate messages of ONE USER OPERATION -
that means every commit or tag you perform will result in JUST ONE EMAIL. That is what a user would normally expect, but is not 'CVS Standard' because one user operation may result in multiple cvs operations (e.g. one for each subdirectory). So it's not a configuration
problem but just the way it is. Bo will correct me if I'm wrong.

Kai Bernhard