[cvsnt] Re: Update fails: cannot create_adm_p

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri May 16 06:31:29 BST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 00:47:18 +0200, Olaf Groeger <Olaf.Groeger at gmx.de>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>one of our developers connects via RAS and VPN to our company network to
>update his cvs repositories. When he attempt to update a particular
>repository he receives the following error:
>
>cvs update -P -A -d (in directory C:\ProjectsJava\hlr-commons\)
>cvs [server aborted]: cannot create_adm_p C:\CVS\LockDir/cvs-serv1756/UDA:
>File exists
>

>The strange thing is he has two more repositories which succeed in updating
>and i cannot find a difference between them. All three repositories are in
>the same cvsnt server (version 2.0.3), with the same LockDir using
>LockServer and identical user rights.
>
>Any hints ?
>
>Olaf
>
>P.S.: If he updates on his company workstation, he has not problems. I tried
>from my company workstation and had not problems, too.

FWIW:
I have noted yesterday a similar problem using sspi to a repository
connected via a VPN tunnel over Internet:
Selecting a folder in WinCvs and executing update makes some activity
show in the connection icon in the tray but it soon dies out and then
nothing until a long time has passed when the whole thing aborts with
exit code -1. This happens also if I check the "do not recurse into
subdirs" checkbox.
But if I select a group of files in the same module and then click
update all works fine!
So somehow the fact that I am updating the whole directory over the
VPN tunnel rather than a number of named files makes a difference.
Strange...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)