[cvsnt] Re: Newsserver messages for support.cvsgui

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue May 20 09:01:29 BST 2003

> > Tony,
> > today the newsserver has started to post HTML formatted messages as
> > attachments instead of extracting the text part and post that.
> > This affects onlu support.cvsgui AFAICT.
> >
> There's some change on yahoo groups... it sends HTML all the time now and
> you can't switch it off (and there's no textual part either).
> Unfortunately I thought they might do something like that eventually
> because it lets them put adverts on everything.  If I can't find a
> workaround I'll probably have to dump the support.cvsgui newsgroup as I
> can't read it either :(

Huh? I'm not seeing this. Both the mail messages (read in OL2KSP2) and the
news messages (read in OEx6.01) are all plain text to me.

The only thing I have noticed in the last few days is that there sometimes
is an unusual lag in delivery for some messages I send but not for others
(sometimes up to several hours). I also often receive answers to posts
before I get the original question.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org