[cvsnt] unrecognized auth response ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue May 20 14:02:32 BST 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 14:32:11 +0200, Tobias Schnakenberg
<schnakenberg at fh-aachen.de> wrote:

>While setting up a connection to a remote server with sspi
>> cvs -d ":sspi:<domain>\<user>@<server-IP>:/cvs_TP3/FTP 500" init
>cvs produces following error message:

Don't bother trying to do 'init' remotely... even if it works (it might,
barely, with 2.0.4, but nothing earlier) you'll have to log in to the server
to add it to the list of valid repositories anyway.

Spaces in repository names aren't recommended, because scripts tend to break
with it.

>>cvs [init aborted]: unrecognized auth response from <server-IP >: cvs
>[server   aborted]: Authentication failed

You haven't done 'login' yet (which is going to be a little difficult since
there's no repository to log into...) - since you're specifying user and
domain I assume you're connecting across the internet, which requires a login
first.