[cvsnt] CVS 2.0.3 on Windows 2000 : "Something bad happened.."

Russ Freeman russ.freemanNOSPAM at ergnosis.com
Tue May 20 17:49:21 BST 2003

Hi there, we seem to be having some nasty problems with 2.0.3 :-

- I just upgraded our server to the latest CVS server and we constantly get
this "Something bad happened.." message on the server everytime we try to
commit more than 20 files, or so, at a time.  I googled this to see others
are getting this error.  Is there a fix for this?

- Lock files keep getting created that we have to manually delete before
trying again. (Perhaps related to above)

- CVS Removed files are not deleted. Instead some file with .#removedXXX is
left behind, which then requires manually deleting.

Thanks
Russ Freeman