[cvsnt] refresh the repos

Zaid, Mahmoud Zaidm at Pragmatics.com
Fri May 23 21:08:43 BST 2003

Thank you all for your responses; I really appreciate it. I will work on
this next week and see what the outcome is.
Have a safe holiday.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Epperson [mailto:Ian at axiomdesign.com]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 3:30 PM
To: 'Aaron Kynaston'; 'bmeier at acornsys.com'; 'grstarrett at cox.net';
'cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook'; 'Zaidm at Pragmatics.com'
Subject: RE: [cvsnt] refresh the repos

The fileattr file in the CVS sub-folder on the server keeps track of files
watched status, notification status, edit status, etc.  All files are listed
by filename, thus changing the filename may require that the fileattr get
addressed.  One way to address it is simply delete the file knowing that any
file status (watched, notifications, edit) will be gone and need to be
reset.  Alternatively, you could edit the fileattr and make the appropriate
changes, but then the users don't get to feel some of your pain in making
changes (usually, fixing a user error).  In general I find that distributing
some of the work for a user error fix back to the users tends to minimize
the number of said fixes ;-)