[cvsnt] Expanded quesion about commit sequencing...

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue May 27 13:28:23 BST 2003

I think it depends on how the commit is done:
1) cvs commit  (from inside a sandbox without specifically telling which files)
2) cvs commit file1 file2 file3
3) cvs commit file1 folder/file2 file3

In case 1 the loginfo script fires once per module processed. The cvs server finds
out which files are changed in each module (folder) and processes them all in one go
per folder. Cvs will recurse down the folder tree to see if it can find changed files
that need to be committed.

In case 2 I am not sure if cvs is smart enough to see that they are all from one and
the same folder and thus can be handled in one session. But if so then it will be the
same as in case 1.  Here cvs will only commit these listed files.

In case 3 you will definitely get one trigger for each file because the folder changes
for each one.

What method TortoiseCVS uses I have no knowledge of since I don't use it....

/Bo