[cvsnt] Documentation for :ext:{prog} usage?

Scott Bussinger scottb at opto-pps.com
Tue May 27 18:33:11 BST 2003

Can someone please explain a bit about how the :ext:{prog} syntax for
connecting to a server actually works? Or point me to some documenation
(I couldn't find more than brief passing mentions of that syntax)?

What I'm trying to do is connect to my repository server using ZeBeDee
as the encrypted tunnelling program instead of the more typical SSH.
There are several reasons why I have to do this, and I'm close to having
it work but I've run into a couple of snags I'm hoping someone can
explain for me.

If I run ZeBeDee as a separate process I can use the :pserver: protocol
to connect to the server by forwarding localhost:2401 to the remote site
-- this part is working OK. If I use a protocol of :ext:{zbd.bat} I can
get it to run my batch file to invoke zebedee when it tries to connect
so I'm close to working.

But when using the :ext: protocol, what machine/port does CVSNT attempt
to connect to to get to the repository server? I assumed that it would
be localhost:2401, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case -- what
does it connect to?

Thanks!