[cvsnt] "reserved edit"

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue May 27 23:40:11 BST 2003

> Our "solution" (really just a workaround) is to use .cvsrc to include -c
> automatically so that people don't have to remember to use it.  We
> install a default .csvrc file when we setup a machine for the first
> time.  If you can't practically force the use of a .cvsrc, this
> workaround may not work for you.

FWIW, are you aware that recent versions of CVSNT support a server-side
cvsrc file?

IMHO the major drawback to this approach however is that this automatically
applies to all files, not just non-mergeable ones. There should be a way to
make this conditional, e.g. based on file name patterns or even more
sophisticated criteria.

Cheers,

Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org