[cvsnt] (licensing) What do I have to do to keep CVS and non-GNU seperated?

Erik Anderson erikba at teamworkgroup.com
Wed Nov 5 02:00:32 GMT 2003

I've been using CVS myself for some time now, but my company has recently (i.e. last week) discovered it as a great way to keep files up-to-date.  We've been using it internally up to this point, but I have an idea of incorporating it into product updates, possibly as part of the installation program.

My question is about the CVS license.  I did end up reading the GNU license, and if we do end up using CVS as part of the installation, there could be an argument that they are two different objects and not a single application.  I'd like to know to what extent and how carefully I need to draw that line as to not cause any problems down the line.

I haven't found any license on the cvsnt website other than a reference to GNU, so I'm hoping for something more specific to the interface it uses (i.e. cmd-line) as well as any experiences others have had with this issue.