[cvsnt] CVS slow with VirusScan

Xavier Wigny Xavier.Wigny at bsb.com
Wed Nov 5 08:06:54 GMT 2003

Hello,

We are currently using Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.2
(client/server) on a Windows 2000 network.

The client authentication uses pserver.

When the VirusScan service is started on our cvs server, the performance
(update, checkout, tag...) dramatically decreases (up to 20 times
slower). You can imagine that we cannot stop VirusScan on a server due
to the virus threat.

Do you have some tips to use CVS with VirusScan ?

FYI we use VirusScan v4.5.1 SP1.

Regards,

Xavier