[cvsnt] linux clients cannot login to CVSNT

Woellert, Kirk D. kirk.woellert at ngc.com
Mon Nov 10 14:45:07 GMT 2003

I have set up CVSNT 2.0.11 on a WinXP box. Currently I have the system setup
with some local accounts. Our developers can login using WinCVS from Windows
no problem. People on linux cannot login from their terminal windows when
they use commands of the form.

cvs -d :pserver:kirk at 137.51.14.45:/be login

As an aside, I can login in the the WinXP box using PuTTY from another WinXP
client but, when I try to login using the above command line it also fails.

I want to understand what the linux interoperability issue is since I will
be responsible for deploying a CVSNT server (Windows 2003 server + CVNT) in
a DMZ. I have read up on the FAQ and saw the entry regarding

My repository is the default CVSNT install with the following repositories:

c:/cvsrepo
		/be
			/CVSROOT
		/mw
			/CVSROOT
		/documents
			/CVSROOT
c:/cvstemp

I found this entry in the ReadMe for Unix clients:
set CVSROOT=:pserver:foo at goldenrod:/d//cvsroot
So should our linux clients connect via the following?
set CVSROOT=:pserver:foo at goldenrod:/c//be

Any comments appreciated

Kirkasaur