[cvsnt] Tortoisecvs + TotalCommander

Hartmut Honisch hartmut_honisch at web.de
Tue Nov 11 11:02:43 GMT 2003

> I asked the developer of Totalcmd (Christian Ghisler) to add this
> feature to
> Totalcmd, but he told me, that he isn't able to do this, since the
> 'icon-overlay' mechanism is an internal explorer feature ...

I doubt this is true - there is an official API for accessing overlay icons.

If you'd like to ask him again, maybe you can pass the following information
alog:

Use SHGetFileInfo to get system imagelist handle and index of the overlay
icon, then something like ImageList_GetIcon to obtain a HICON handle. Then
draw that on top of the actual file icon, and you're done.

There is issue on NT 4.0 - see Q192055 in the MSDN library for the
workaround.

-Hartmut