[cvsnt] Problems with pserver on XP

Erich Musick erichmusick at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 12 06:20:15 GMT 2003

I'm having trouble setting up CVSNT on my windows XP home machine. I've
added all sorts of environment varaibles, tried everything I could see
online, but I can only logon using :local:, not using pserver. I also tried
on my win2k laptop and ran into problems.

Right now i'm getting the error:

    cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server {whatever hostname i
try}: -1

Any ideas on what might be going on? If I need to provide more detail, ask a
specific question and I'll do my best to answer.

Erich Musick