[cvsnt] cvsnt layout

Phil Richards news at derived-software.ltd.uk
Wed Nov 12 08:08:06 GMT 2003

On 2003-11-12, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote:
>  There have been complaints(!) that the cvsnt wiki layout is a bit plain...

Whoever is complaining should propose something better, then.
And then other people can judge.

In fact, MoinMoin allows the user to choose their CSS, so if they
*really* don't like the default, they can write their own.
And use it.  And then offer it to other people as a choice.

That's how I developed my own MoinMoin CSS for our documentation
at work, in fact.  (Admittedly, I "admin" the thing...)

CSS only allows fairly cosmetic changes - structural changes to the
layout (columns, sidebars, etc) just don't have MoinMoin markup
to support them, and doing it through CSS is, let's say, humorous.
(They *can* be added to MoinMoin, but that's a whole new set of fun...)

phil

p.s. it would help if all browsers supported CSS equally... but
     of course they don't.
--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email