[cvsnt] Commit on branch problem...

Colin Bowler colin.bowler at ktgplc.com
Wed Nov 12 11:16:44 GMT 2003

Hello,

We're having a problem trying to commit after creating a branch.

We created a branch, switched to it, and modified a file. When we try to
commit, (using cvs commit -m "comment" file.cpp) I get the error:

'cvs [commit aborted]: reading from server: Invalid argument'

On one module, this works fine, on this module, it does not... For the life
of me I can't work out where the two modules are different! If I do an
update (default dlg box settings - sticky tag checkbox not set), I get
'cvs server: conflict: file.cpp is modified but no longer in the repository'
 - it most definitely is, in both trunk and branch. If I do an update and
set the branch name in the sticky tag dialog, I get the file updated as I'd
expect.

We're using CVSNT 1.11.1.2 and WinCVS 1.2.

As you may guess I'm a bit of a newbie with WinCVS/CVSNT, so any pointers
gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Colin

Klark Teknik Group Limits of Liability and Disclaimer.
For full details please logon to www.klarkteknik.com/email_disclaimer

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)