[cvsnt] Return code(s) from cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Nov 13 11:52:15 GMT 2003

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:

> I guess you could call me _waaay_ unobservant, but I got blind sided by a
> change that isn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation that I can find
> (the last release of cvsnt (yeah, I know it's been a month and
> 1/2)).  Apparently cvsnt now returns 1 when a file has been modified

It was actually a bug that it returned 0 anyway - if a file has been
modified and something deletes it that's a conflict that needs flagging up
at least - conflicts should always return error 1.

Retrying after an error 1 isn't a great idea - what if you get a conflict on
a file?  The second update will probably return 0 but you'll lose the
conflict marker in the entries file and it won't compile.  Best to just
return an email with the error.