[cvsnt] Beginner Questions

Ed Peddycoart epeddycoart at radiancetech.com
Mon Nov 17 20:52:16 GMT 2003

I am new all the CVS stuff and need some guidance on what I need to do.

I want to use CVS to maintain my code repository.  I have been given access
to a machine on which to install CVSNT.  Initially there will be two users
accessing the repository and neither of these users will have local accounts
on the CVSNT machine.  However, all three machines (the two client and one
server machine) are on a domain. The server machine is running W2k and the
client machines are running WinXP.

Now a few questions:

Is this a viable setup?  Do the users HAVE to have local accounts?

Should I be using pserver, sspi, ntserver, or ___?

How do I specify which user(s) are to be given admin rights.

Ed

Ed Peddycoart
Radiance Technologies, Inc
"The right to swing my fist ends where