[cvsnt] cvs\Entries file cleared - possible bug?

Myles Penlington myles at ams.co.nz
Tue Nov 18 22:00:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

We have been using Tortoise (V1.4.5 - that uses cvsnt 2.0.4 ) in conjunction
with cvsnt for over a year now without a problem. However in just the last
week all the files listed in the cvs\Entries file has been cleared twice.
This folder is on the main/head branch of the module - there are other
branches present in the module. We run pserver to a solaris machine where
the cvs repository resides.

It's like the file has been overwritten by cvsnt instead of appending at the
end. I'm pretty certain that in both cases this happened after a update
command was issued. Files in sub folders etc were okay, it was just the top
level directory of the module that had the issue.

After the command it only contained the 3 lines below, where as before the
command the Entries file contained 214 files - which of course still exist
in cvs back on the server.

D/Employee////
/MainUnit.dfm/1.44/Mon Nov 17 04:55:32 2003//
/MainUnit.pas/1.36/Mon Nov 17 04:55:32 2003//

The "Employee" directory was new - added by CVS - so is this the cause of
the issue?

Any ideas on the what may be causing the issue?

Thanks.
Myles.