[cvsnt] add files in repository root problem

Nenad Blagojevic nenadblagojevic_exth at msn.com
Sun Nov 23 23:06:49 GMT 2003

Hi,
Why can I not add a file in the cvs repository root. I have added several
directories and files in the directories, but i cannot manage to add files
in the repository root. I have tried with netbeans built in client, and the
commandline. Neither works!

Win2003 server commandline aproach:

cd to project root directory (with the file)
cvs add template.jsp
tried also with:
cvs add /template.jsp
cvs add \template.jsp

returned message by cvs:
cvs add: in directory .:
cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout ' first

What do I do wrong? Do the cvs support files in root directory?

Regards,

Nenad.