[cvsnt] installation checkout problem

Keith Turner kturne06 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 16:22:12 GMT 2003

I've installed cvsnt-2.0.12.exe into d:\cvsnt on my
Win2k laptop (kturner01) and done my best to follow
the instructions but when I try "cvs co -c" I
consistently get the error:

  cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to kturner01:2401
failed: No connection could be made because the target
machine actively refused it.

cvsnt appears to be listening on 2401 since when I
telnet to that port I get a protocol error:
   cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start:

I can't help but think this must be something really
simple but am at a loss.  Any hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith