[cvsnt] Immediate Disconnect on port 2401

Gary Renner grenner at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 1 16:39:52 BST 2003

I am trying to set up a CVSNT server and am new to CVS and CVSNT
administration.  The installation proceeds well and completes sucessfully
on either Win2K or XP.  On both platforms, the client gets connected and
the server immediately disconnects.  The same thing happens if I just try
to connect with Telnet.  I have tried all the options on the GUI for
CVSNT.  I have tried jCVS and WSAD as clients.  I have tried all types of
repository locations.  I have disabled virus protection.  I am using a
local (to the server) NTFS directory for the repository.

Does anyone have any ideas about what may be wrong or how to proceed to
solve the problem?

Thanks,
Gary Renner