[cvsnt] Sharing files for two or more project

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Oct 2 06:25:11 BST 2003

At 07:39 PM 10/1/2003, Nguyen Huu Hoa wrote:
[snip]
>feature unlike SourceSafe. But the problem is that some of my files are used
>by more than one project and they must be at diffent locations. This problem
>is solved easily in SourceSafe by sharing them between projects. Anyone know
>how can I solve it in CVS?

As long as the projects are both using the same repository, you can set up
a modules file that includes the common parts between the projects.  With
that, you can set up a logical module that contains directories from a
couple different places in the repository. Look into the Modules file and
the postings on the list and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Regards,

Glen Starrett