[cvsnt] missing expected branches, but the branches exists. URGENT.

irodriguez perez irodriguezp at cirsa.com
Thu Oct 2 10:27:12 BST 2003

Hi all.

I have a serious problem and i don't understand what is happens???

Yesterday all works fine, but today when i checkout a module, with
force rev/branch/tag option, the server says:

cvs [server aborted]: missing expected branches in
/Repos/Modulename/file1.psl,v

this message appears on many files, but if i edit the file where this
message
appears its content is:

head 1.1;
branch     1.1.1;
access;
symbols
     TAG1:1.1.1.10.22
     TAG2:1.1.1.1
     BRANCH1:1.1.1.1.0.16
              .
              .
              .
              .
              .
     VENDOR_BRANCH:1.1.1

The first thing i did was to update my server from cvsnt 2.0.5 to 2.0.10,
but
the problem didn't disappear.

Well I had done checkouts of the module last week and I still have
sandboxes
where i checkouted tags/branches that now i can't checkout. I have do
somethings and use
different versions:

On the command line: (cvsnt 2.0.3 | cvsnt 2.0.5 on the client)

cvs -q -x log file1.psl
output:
RCS file: /Repos/ModuleName/file1.psl,v
Working file: file1.psl
head: 1.1
branch: 1.1.1
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
     TAG1:1.1.1.10.22
     TAG2:1.1.1.1
     BRANCH1:1.1.1.1.0.16
              .
              .
              .
              .
              .
     VENDOR_BRANCH:1.1.1
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 2002/10/15 08:55:11;  author: nacho;  state: Exp;
Initial revision

On Wincvs 1.3.13.1 (cvsnt 2.0.5) Graph view:

  +-----------+
  | file1.psl |
  +-----------|

   +--------+         -------------
   |   1.1  |--------<VENDOR_BRANCH>
   +--------+         -------------

But in the column "Revision" I see 1.1.1.3

I can't understand it and my panic is growing for moments because i can't
checkout some versions.

The O.S. is Windows NT 4.0 WS on client and NT server on the server.

I tried checkout from WinCVS and command line but the result is the same:
missing expected branches.

please help me.

Nacho.

P.S: I'm looking for a solution in archives but if anyone know a solution
     please mail me.