[cvsnt] Re: missing expected branches, but the branches exists.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Oct 2 16:57:47 BST 2003

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 17:44:29 +0200, in support.cvsnt you wrote:

>Well, this is now my petition, Could cvsnt don't delete with the cvs admin -
>o command revisions that were brached but not committed on this brach?.

That may be difficult to arrange.  Probably it's better to fail admin
-o if there are any modified files in those that are selected, because
it's a rats nest otherwise.  TBH I'd prefer to fail the entire command
rather than individual files if there are issues, otherwise you get an
inconsistent repository.

>Only for prevents this cases in the future. Because if i wan't to checkout
>all module branched i have to rebranch this files. If it would be possible.

Using admin -o in this way sounds like you're asking for trouble.
I've had to use it maybe once in the last 4 years, and then only
immediately after the commit... Can I ask why you using it so
extensively?  There may be a better way.