[cvsnt] Re: Problem: cvs.exe - No Disk

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 19:11:30 BST 2003

> This would be nice to do.
> I, unfortunately, have no access to the server.  It is at a
> remote site.
> I have tried in the past to get the server updated - to no avail.
>
> The problem is: Once we do get the server updated (and can
> use repository
> prefix), We will need to notify all the users (spread out
[snip]

You could update the server side only and not simply implement the
repository prefix.  That way you still use CVS as you have but get the
better features / stability of the newer version.  That way you're also one
step closer to implementing the prefix if you want to (but certainly don't
have to in any case).

Are you using a front-end to CVSNT on the client that is having the problem?

Regards,

Glen Starrett