[cvsnt] cvsnt access' local removable drive when the cvsroot includes same drive letter

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:56:49 BST 2003

(Was 'problem cvs.exe No Disk')
I setup a test locally to look into this matter further.  Using a detachable
floppy on my laptop, I was able to reproduce the problem seen with the zip
drive.

The Conclusion: When the cvsroot to a remote repository contains a drive
letter that is the same as a local removable drive letter; and there is no
disk in that removable drive, and error will occur.

Would this be considered a bug?

Thanks,
Joe E

What I did:
Server
1. setup a cvs server
   a. repository path H:\repository
   b. No prefix used
   c. H: drive created by using the subst command:
      subst H: c:\testrepository

User
2. attached a usb floppy drive to user machine
   a. subst H: a:\  (a floppy must be in the drive at this point)
  b. remove the floppy disk
  c. cvs -d :pserver:user at host:H:\repository login
  d. Error 'No Disk'
  e. Put a floppy in the drive
  f.  cvs -d :pserver:user at host:H:\repository login
  g. works fine
  h. remove the subst:
      Subst H: /D
  i. cvs -d :pserver:user at host:H:\repository login
  j. works fine.