[cvsnt] Sync of two CVS repository placed across two different Timezone

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Oct 13 18:53:59 BST 2003

> the files from the servers of their areas. Since both the
> developers are
> working in the same project, we used to synchronize the files
> in both the
> servers with the help of File Synchronization software. The
> problem with

If I read this right, you're trying to sync repository files... Don't do
that!!  IMHO that's a bad idea asking for trouble.  That said, I bet there
are others who live on the edge too.

I have developers in US and India (Bangalore) accessing the same server in
the US.  The India devs use -z6 and US devs use -z3 (or not at all) to
compress the data, making it much more usable.

To directly answer your question though, you should check out better synch
software.  The synch software should be smart enough to understand the OS'
limitations and time zones.  There are a number of utilities available, I
don't have any names handy.

Regards,

Glen Starrett