[cvsnt] resolving conflicts before committing...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Oct 14 09:09:25 BST 2003

I'm thinking of writing something like a "Mark resolved" macro for
WinCvs to get rid of the conflict marker after a conflict has been
manually resolved. Is there maybe already a recommended practice for
this?

Here's what I would do:

- scan the specified file for conflict markers
- if none are found, remove the timestamp from the corresponding line
in ./CVS/Entries, maybe even replacing the "Result of merge" with
something like "Resolved" or something like that.

Would that be acceptable or is it bound to break anything (I already
tried this manually and both WinCvs and CVSNT seemed to cope alright)?
If there's a way to do this without hacking the ./CVS/Entries file it
would sure be preferable...

Cheers,

--
Oliver