[cvsnt] loginfo lock problem

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 16:59:34 BST 2003

> It works well on my debian box for 1 year. But I setup an
> CVSNT server on
> windows 2003 recently. I rewrite the loginfo to :
>
> ^myprog ( cd c:\inetpub\lastest & cvs -q update -d )
>
> The CVS server will return following error message.
>
> cvs update: [15:32:52] waiting for james on my.url.com's lock in
> c:/cvs/vision/src
>
> But if I do this update manually (without using loginfo),
> everything works
> fine. :(

I believe you should be using postcommit instead of loginfo, but I don't
have any direct knowledge on what fires when or how it works behind the
scenes.  I think postcommit will solve the problem.  There is some comments
in the files themselves and in the cvsnt wiki documentation, perhaps that
can help answer your other questions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Glen Starrett