[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.0.11 on windows 2000 server locationnotaccessible

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 23:02:37 BST 2003

> The funny part that the "mistake" is the way it worked
> before, we always use
> the hole path to the repository, why this sudden change just because i
> reinstalled CVSNT i dont know?

You put in a repository prefix, which isn't required but adds that to the
beginning of all repositories passed to it.  You can unset that repository
prefix and then I believe you can use the full path to the repository.

> I also added the user SYSTEM and ADMINISTRATOR all accesscontroll to
> c:/cvstemp folder( which is the temp for CVSNT software) do i
> have to do
> this?.
>
> The user EVERYONE has by default accesscontroll to all the folders.

EVERYONE includes SYSTEM and Administrator, I believe.  So no, but it's not
very secure.  I documented my setup at http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl if
you want some idea of how you could set up your NTFS permissions.

(I think you were asking other questions, but I didn't understand them).

Regards,

Glen Starrett