[cvsnt] CVSNT version number

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Oct 23 09:42:05 BST 2003

Shahriar Mokhtarzad wrote:

> I am new to CVSNT. Is it possible to set the version number to start from
> 0.01.0.00 rather than 1.1.1.1 for all imported files.

No.  You can set it to 1.1 with the -n option to import, but that's really
all the flexibility you have.

CVS revision numbers are not version numbers.  They are per-file revision
tags and have no meaning outside the repository itself (Revision 0 is also
reserved for internal handling by CVS).

If you want to mark a version, use tags.