[cvsnt] Ssh protocol && socket error

Paul Blair psfblair at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 19:48:19 GMT 2003

OK, I'm up to CVSNT 2.0.11 and am still getting the same socket
error Keith reported back in January. I've searched the CVSNT
archive for any other discussion of this issue and haven't
found anything--any updates?

The symptoms I'm seeing is that when checking out a number of
different projects using the :extssh: protocol, the CVS client
sometimes hangs. Setting compression to 0 means that it hangs
more often, setting compression to 9 means that it hangs less
often--but I rarely get through an entire checkout of 17
assorted projects without at least one, and usually two, hangs.
Most of the time CVS hangs after finishing checking out the
largest projects, but not always.

Thanks,

Paul