[cvsnt] tagging and branching

Ian Huynh ianh at hubspan.com
Mon Oct 27 23:33:56 GMT 2003

I've looked at the documentation and it eludes to -r option

eg.
    cvs rtag -r myBranch myTag_For_myBranch

but -r is described in the help file as followed:

-r tag
Only tag those files that contain tag.  This can be used to rename a tag: tag only the files identified by the old tag, then delete the old tag, leaving the new tag on exactly the same files as the old tag.

My questions are:

1. i don't want the old tag removed
2. what about new files added to myBranch? Would they have a tag myBranch ? If not, how would they be included
   in myTag_For_myBranch?

Thanks.