[cvsnt] Need help to get cvsnt up

Shahriar Mokhtarzad shahriar_mokhtarzad at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 30 21:30:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

After taking much of Bo berglund's time I am back to step one. I am trying
to setup a
"cvsnt" server on my local machine named "SC_SMOKHTARZAD"
win2k pro with the latest service pack from MS.
the following are the steps I have taken in setting up the server.

The only way I can get cvsnt to work is to change to be
CVSROOT=D:/ASPEN_CVSREPO
then I can check thing in and out but the CVSMailer does not work

I can not figure out where I am going wrong.

Thanks,

-shahriar

My plan is to run the "cvsnt" as a server on my local node for the rest of
the group.
1- I installed the "cvsnt"  (cvsnt-2.0.11.exe)
2- The repository is on "SC_SMOKHTARZAD" on "D" drive
3- configured the "cvsnt" (the dialog box)
        Repositories -> Repository Prefix (is checked) and set to
"D:/ASPEN_CVSREPO"
4- Server side support for ntserver protocol (is checked)  - per
installation doc
5- Impersonation enabled (is checked)  - per installation doc
6- Temporary Directory is set to "D:\CVSTEMP"
7- I started the server.

set the environment variable
CVSROOT=CVSROOT=:sspi:EXTREME\SMokhtarzad at SC-SMOKHTARZAD:2401:D:\ASPEN_CVSRE
PO

in a cmd shell I do:

--> cvs ls
cvs [ls aborted]: unrecognized auth response from SC-SMOKHTARZAD: cvs
[server aborted]: Authenticati
on failed

--> cvs checkout CVSROOT
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from SC-SMOKHTARZAD: cvs
[server aborted]: Authen
tication failed