[cvsnt] Help with tagging/branching/merging scenario

Samuel Neff sam at serndesign.com
Thu Oct 30 23:10:02 GMT 2003

Just finished reading through all the tagging/branching/merging stuff in
CVSNT manual as we are preparing to have the first release of our software
since we started using CVSNT.

I have one question related to what happens when you have to patch a
released (tagged) version.

If I have a file set that was tagged as release-01 and then I created a
branch from it as release-01-some-bug-patch and used that branch to make the
new release, what is the easiest way to then tag the newly created release
(both if I merge back into the trunk or leave as a separate branch)?

Thanks,

Sam