[cvsnt] Lock directories stay on forever...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Oct 31 16:23:21 GMT 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:15:19 +0100, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>I just went in to my CVS server to check other stuff when I stumbled across
>the TEMP dir used by CVSNT. It turns out that it contains no less than 2937
>folders named as cvs-serv<number><letter> (example: cvs-serv1268e).
>
>>From an earlier discussion I understand that CVSNT creates temp folders to
>manage files during commits and updates. But why are they not removed afterwards?
>Is there a flag somewhere I can set to make them go away?
>13 of these folders are from today, the oldest ones are from Dec 2002

They normally go away automatically unless the server itself crashes.

I've started getting loads of them since install cvsmailer (None
between july and a week ago, then about a dozen a day since) -
possibly it's hanging around too long and preventing the server from
cleaning up?

Hmm...

Committing a file creates a directory called #<number># and the cvs
temp directory.  The temp directory doesn't go away, but its contents
do.

Disabling cvsmailer in loginfo means only the cvs temp directory
appears, and it vanishes almost instantly.

??