[cvsnt] non-recursive module definitions and rtagging

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 15:27:42 BST 2003

I wanted to test with the 2.0.9 prerelease before posting this but the
web server appears to be offline... so, the following applies to 2.0.7 :

I've got several module definitions like the following in our modules
file:

  ProjectRoot -l -d Project Project

Obviously the -l option is only evaluated on checkout but not for
tagging. If I checkout ProjectRoot I will only get the files in Project
and no subdirectories - just what I want. If however I rtag ProjectRoot
the whole tree below Project will get tagged as well.

I stumbled over this when I rtagged another module defined as:

  ProjectFull -a ProjectRoot ProjectMain ProjectLibs

where ProjectMain is defined as:

  ProjectMain -a Project/Main

This resulted in lots of warnings about not moving the tag as it
already was on the files below Project/Main (and in fact on all other
files in other directories below Project).

Remembering that  2.0.9 contained several modules-related fixes, was
this maybe one of them?

Cheers,

--
Oliver