[cvsnt] Re: non-recursive module definitions and rtagging

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 16:38:33 BST 2003

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> I don't think rtag uses the modules file -  I'd have to check though.

It has to, doesn't it? Otherwise, in my example, it wouldn't even know
what "ProjectRoot" is in the first place as there is no physical
directory with that name in the repo.

IMO rtag (and all other rcommands) should evaluate a module
consistently in exactly the same way as checkout would. Otherwise
what's the point of using modules?

> The module code is basically the same now as the standard code (I just
> fixed it by not stopping mucking around with it), so any behaviour is
> likely to be generic.  Can you see if it does the same on an old
> version?

No, sorry. 2.0.7 is the oldest (and newest) I've got available on any
machine I could get my hands on at the moment.

I cannot tell whether it was broken in older versions already as back
then I still had other problems with this particular kind of module
definition (i.e. checkout wasn't non-recursive as well). Fixing the
definition and upgrading to 2.0.7 (from 1.11.1.3b57f) happened in the
same step.

Anyway, I see the webserver is back up again. I will retest with
2.0.9pre tomorrow...

Cheers,

--
Oliver