[cvsnt] CVSNT Server and McAffee Virus Scan

Vashi, Jay Jay.Vashi at mustangeng.com
Tue Sep 9 17:00:50 BST 2003

Reed,

Thanx for you response.

> What do you mean by "unusable slow". Can you quantify this?
A simple update or commit of a single file can take 15-20 seconds.  Our
build time increased almost threefold.

> However, like you, my company requires it. I heard rumors that the
> files could get corrupted so I did my on investigation. Here is the
> Executive summary of my findings. I can give you more details
> if you want.
Yes, I would like your full results if you don't mind.  From your summary,
it seems corruption is not an issue, but I would like to be armed with as
much of the facts as possible.

I did notice from your email that we are a few versions behind on McAfee.
Perhaps a later version will help our problem.

Jay Vashi
jay.vashi at mustangeng.com

Attention:
This e-mail is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy it,
re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy from
your system.  Internet emails are not necessarily secure.  The
company does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
message after it was sent.

While all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission
of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and
any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data.  No
responsibility is accepted by the company in this regard and the
recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it
considers appropriate.