[cvsnt] commitinfo script parameters bug in 2.0.9

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Wed Sep 10 17:16:30 BST 2003

After upgrading from CVSnt 2.0.4 to 2.0.9, I've noticed that the commitinfo
hook argument passing seems to be broken.

Previously, I could install a commitinfo hook such as:

ALL  C:/CVSRoot/Repo/CVSROOT/commitinfo.pl

where commitinfo.pl just outputs its arguments:

#!C:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe

print "Running: $0\n";

print "Arg count: $#ARGV\n";
for (my $l_Id = 0; $l_Id <= $#ARGV; $l_Id++)
{
    print "$l_Id = \"$ARGV[$l_Id]\"\n";
}

exit 1;

__END__

Under CVSnt 2.0.4, the output when attempting to commit would be:

cvs commit -m "test" task1.c
Running: C:\CVSRoot\Repo\CVSROOT\commitinfo.pl
1
0 = "/Repo/Task1"
1 = "task1.c"

Under 2.0.9, only the first parameter is received:

cvs commit -m "test" task1.c
Running: C:\CVSRoot\Repo\CVSROOT\commitinfo.pl
0
0 = "/Repo/Task1"

which is not very useful...

Has the usage changed, is it me, or is this a bug?

Cheers

JK
--
http://www.yellowradio.com