[cvsnt] Prune fails on shared volume

John Kinson cvs at yellowradio.com
Thu Sep 11 09:38:59 BST 2003

Re: [cvsnt] Prune fails on shared volume> From: Per Lindberg
> Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 12:22 PM
>
> >It has always been the recommendation that sandboxes live on your local
> >hard drive.  Try it there... that should work (and work consistently).
>
> It does, but that's not an option for us. [Long boring reason omitted].

If users are not sharing sandboxes (and I hope they're not), could you not
work locally on your C: drives, and use a tool like Unison
(http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/) to mirror your sandboxes from
your PCs to your network servers.  Unison is free (GPL), and straightforward
to invoke via the command line, so it can easily be scheduled with a regular
"at" job or scheduled task on your PC to run every evening, say.

JK
--
John Kinson
http://www.yellowradio.com