[cvsnt] un-remove or restore a file

Lawson.Reed Reed.Lawson at IGT.com
Thu Sep 11 21:30:12 BST 2003

Did you "commit" that? i.e. is it in the "Attic" on the server now?
Or, did you just do "cvs remove <file>" (on WinCVS it's the big "X"
on the tool bar)?

If it's not committed yet, then edit the CVS/Entries file and
remove the line for that file. Save it and do 'cvs update'.
The file should come back.

If you committed it, get it back by using "cvs update -D <date>"
setting date to a time before you removed it. That gets it back.
Then copy it somewhere safe. do "CVS update -A" to get on the
"tip" again where your files are gone. Now do an "cvs add" on your
file. Now commit. It's back.

Hope this helps.

If anyone knows of an easier way, I'd like to know too.

Thanks,

Reed Lawson
IGT Firmware Engineering
(775) 448-0755