[cvsnt] Impersonation failure on Win2003 Server

Kevin Jones kevinj at develop.com
Sun Sep 14 14:39:58 BST 2003

I've just installed the latest CVSNT server (2.0.9) on win 2003 Server.
I can access my repositories via ntserver but I need pserver access.
This is what I do:

"c:\Program Files\cvsnt\cvs.exe" -d :ntserver:localhost:/ejsp passwd
Changing repository password for kevinj at localhost
New password: ******
Verify password: ******

Then I try

"c:\Program Files\cvsnt\cvs.exe" -d :pserver:kevinj at localhost:/ejsp
login
Logging in to :pserver:kevinj at localhost:2401:/ejsp
CVS password: ******
Fatal error, aborting.

And I get

cvs [login aborted]: kevinj: Impersonation failed - configuration error.
Contact your System Administrator.

I've tried this with kevinj's password set to the local machine password
and as a different password (the machine is not in a domain)

I've added various accounts to both the 'Create a token' and the
'Impersonate a client after authentication' policies (I've added SYSTEM,
LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE, SERVICE and kevinj) still no luck

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Kevin Jones
Developmentor