[cvsnt] Re: Problems migrating from 1.13.x to 2.0.x

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Sep 16 19:42:40 BST 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:44:56 +0200, "Christian Ottosen"
<cso at mita-teknik.com> wrote:

>Is there any special issues to consider when migrating from 1.13.x to 2.0.x.
There is no 1.13.x version of CVSNT! From which exact version are you
upgrading?

>Bo Berglund has writen in the "CVSNT Installation Tips" that migrating
>requeres more than just copying the content of the repository.
>Is this really true, or is this information outdated???

Where exactly did you find this mentioned? I fail to locate the word
migrate in my tips page....
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

The only caveat I remember having stated is that if you have an older
version then use the ControlPanel Add/Remove Programs function to
first uninstall CVSNT before installing the new version.
This does NOT touch the repository files but cleans out the uninstall
information that InstallShield put in the registry and sets it to the
InnoSetup info instead.

>I have read the CVSNT change history page, but I do not see any major
>changes or at least any detailed description.
>
>Best regards
>
>Christian Ottosen

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)