[cvsnt] Cav cvsnt still be compiled using VC6??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Sep 17 07:38:08 BST 2003

I tried to build the release using VC6 to get rid of the dependency of
the .NET dll:s but this is the output I get at the end and I am not
that used to VS6 that I can decode what is wrong here:

Compiling...
genkey.c
Linking...
genkey.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gethostbyname at 4
genkey.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gethostname at 8
genkey.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WSAStartup at 8
..\WinRel\genkey.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

cvs.exe - 4 error(s), 14 warning(s)

Seems like something is missing...

Note: I can build in VS.NET on the exact same sources.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)