[cvsnt] Import questions

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 11:46:33 BST 2003

Bo Berglund wrote:

> You did not look at the Macros/CVS/RecursiveAdd, did you?
> I think it pretty much does what you ask for...

Well, to completely duplicate the functionality of the Import command
you would have to combine it with the Macros|CVS|Add Root Module, as
you couldn't add files/folders to a non-CVS folder to begin with...

Apart from all that there's a note in the CVSNT release notes saying
that from 2.0.9 onwards the vendor branch and release tag are indeed
optional (this is also reflected in the output of cvs -H import, where
the relevant arguments are now in square brackets)... which probably
renders my macros kind of pointless methinks... unless of course you
use them against non-CVSNT servers (or is Import a pure client-side
thing?). I haven't tried it yet, so I couldn't comment any further.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org