[cvsnt] Cav cvsnt still be compiled using VC6??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Sep 17 23:34:27 BST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:12:53 -0400, "keith d. zimmerman"
<lists at kdz13.net> wrote:

>Select Settings from the project menu.
>Select the proper configuration (Release) in the "Settings For" Combo
>box

Done, Win32 Release

>Click the Linker tab

There is no Linker tab...
Here are all tabs I can see:
General
Debug
C/C++
Resources
Browse Info
Custom Build
Pre-link step
Post-build step

>Type ws2_32.lib in the Object/Library modules edit box
>Click Ok
>Build
>
>Now, this begs the question:  If you are so unlearned of visual studio,
>why bother to compile your own?  Why know download the binaries?

Because I am following the development and the time between releases
is way too long, especially for WinCvs.
And I want to get a CVSNT that is not depending on the DOTNET
Microsoft dll:s since they have been a hassle to install. I am now
going to include the CVSNT cvs.exe into the ViewCvs installer thus
making ViewCvs independent of the old RCS tools and also independent
of the age of the CVSNT installation it will serve.
But that really requires the VS6 dll:s...
Tony is only releasing DOTNET built files.

BTW I think VS user interface has a lot to be done to it, I really
wonder how anyone can use it on a daily basis...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)