[cvsnt] Restricting file access

Phil Richards news at derived-software.ltd.uk
Fri Sep 19 17:21:33 BST 2003

On 2003-09-19, Aaron Kynaston <akynaston at novell.com> wrote:
>  Isn't cvsnt just for NT?

Erm, no it's not.

>  Why not use the Linux version?

Because there is an increasingly significant difference in level
of functionality between the two.

>  Linux has it's own OS rights built in . . .

Sometimes, and what you get depends on the underlying filesystem, etc

>  I'd have to say that it would be a mute test to try to get cvsnt
>  working on linux . .

It already does to a great extent.  It better do because that's
where I hack my patches in to it :-)

>  We have CVS (Linux version) running on a Linux box, and we all have the
>  cvsnt client, and that works fine . .

Depends on whether you want the rather better branch-merge support that
CVSNT gives you over normal CVS... (and other stuff, of course)

phil
--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email