[cvsnt] Cvs synchronization question

Mike Plominski michal.plominski at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 22 20:29:51 BST 2003

Hi,

Could anyone give some information on how to synchronize two cvs servers,
the idea being that one mirrors the other. The master server is based on NT
using cvsnt, and other runs on Linux.

So far from what I understand, both cvs servers must have the same
repositories, and initially the mirror server would have to import my
modules and then run updates on modifications. I am simply concerned about
preserving history and tagging information during synchronization. Do you
know if there are any products out there that would support this
functionality (I know of CVSup) but one of the servers is cvsnt, and other
runs on Linux.

Would you have any ideas?

Thanks